A5 Properties of solar cells (teacher instructions)
Experimentation instructions for Experimento | 10+:
Background information on the content and practical information on conducting the experiment "Properties of solar cells – Voltage, current and power". This experiment comprises six subexperiments.
The experiment comprises six subexperiments:
• First investigations with the solar cell
• Short-circuit current and no-load voltage at different distances from the lamp
• What happens when you connect solar cells in series or in parallel?
• Current and voltage with solar cells connected in series and in parallel
• How do solar cells connected in series or in parallel behave when shaded?
• Optimizing the power output of solar cells
• Observe the safety information in the instructions as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school.
• All materials mentioned in the instructions will have to be purchased directly from commercial sources.