A2 Storing heat (student instructions)
Experimentation instructions for Experimento | 10+:
Detailed instructions and questions for students on conducting the experiment "We store heat – From heat store to molten salt". This experiment comprises four subexperiments.
This medium is made available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 international license.
What does this mean?
How to reference this medium
• Water as a heat store – Not only the tea gets cold
• Water as an effective heat store – Water can stay hot longer if …
• Heat for cold fingers – Is the heat pack a heat store?
• How the heat pack stores heat – A salt that changes between solid and liquid states
For each subexperiment, the students are first provided with an overview of the materials to be used and safety information. This overview is followed by the detailed, step-by-step instructions for conducting the experiment. Afterwards, the students are asked to note their observations. Specific questions are used to guide the students as they analyze the results of the experiments. At the end, the students are asked probing questions related to the experiment (an answer sheet is available for teachers).
• Observe the safety information in the instructions as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school and discuss it with your students.