B2 Water purification (teacher instructions)
Experimentation instructions for Experimento | 8+:
Background information on the content and practical information on conducting the “Water purification” experiment,which comprises three subexperiments.
The experiment comprises three subexperiments:
• Purifying water with soil
• Making substances dissolved in water visible
• Filtering soluble substances from water
The students will be sensitized to the topic of water. They will learn that some contaminants are not visible to the human eye and yet pose a danger. They will deal with the meaning of water pollution for animals and the entire ecosystem. In addition, within this overall topic the students will address possibilities for purifying water polluted with various contaminants and learn about a simple test method for checking water quality.
• Observe the safety information in the instructions as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school.
• All materials mentioned in the instructions will have to be purchased directly from commercial sources.