B6 Renewable energies (student instructions)
Experimentation instructions for Experimento | 10+:
Detailed instructions and questions for students on conducting the experiment "Renewable energies – Sun, water, wind, hydrogen, and fuel cell". This experiment comprises four subexperiments.
• Electrical energy from the radiant energy of light
• Electrical energy from hydropower
• Electrical energy from wind power
• Conversion of electrical energy into chemical energy and vice versa
For each subexperiment, the students are first provided with an overview of the materials to be used and safety information. This overview is followed by the detailed, step-by-step instructions for conducting the experiment. Afterwards, the students are asked to note their observations. Specific questions are used to guide the students as they analyze the results of the experiments. At the end, the students are asked probing questions related to the experiment (an answer sheet is available for teachers).
• Observe the safety information in the instructions as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school and discuss it with your students.