Electricity from renewable energy sources
Content package for interactive whiteboards:
Individual media on renewable energies are grouped together in a didactically meaningful way for teaching with an interactive whiteboard.
The content package is designed for use in elementary schools. It consists of the following 29 individual media files:
• 7 photos and photo collages of energy sources and types of power plants
• 4 schematic diagrams of various types of power plants, some animated
• 3 charts with data on the availability of energy sources, carbon dioxide emissions from electric power generation, and the electricity mix in 2050
• 2 graphics that can be labeled interactively on the structure of a wind power plant
• 1 simulation of a solar cell
• 1 information sheet providing an overview of energy sources and power plants
• 2 interactive matching exercises, one for evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of the energy sources and one for labeling the components of a wind turbine.
• 3 sets of experimentation instructions, plus related information for the teacher
• 1 content guideline on the topic of “renewable energies” for the teacher
• 1 guideline for using the media in the content package.