Fats in nutrition
Fat in excessive quantities can harm human health. Therefore, it is important to know which fats and how much are important and beneficial for human nutrition.
This medium is made available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 international license.
What does this mean?
How to reference this medium
• What do we need fats for?
• What are fats made of and what types are there?
• What are the health consequences of eating too much fat?
• What are hidden fats and what foods contain them?
• How can I consciously eat a healthy diet?
Information and ideas:
The topics of carbohydrates and proteins can be rehashed by the students in a similar manner with respect to their importance for human nutrition.
Using the following source: „Kalorien mundgerecht“, 14th edition, 2010, Neuer Umschau Buchverlag GmbH, Neustadt, and Nestle Deutschland AG, Frankfurt am Main