Fats in nutrition
Fat in excessive quantities can harm human health. Therefore, it is important to know which fats and how much are important and beneficial for human nutrition.
• What do we need fats for?
• What are fats made of and what types are there?
• What are the health consequences of eating too much fat?
• What are hidden fats and what foods contain them?
• How can I consciously eat a healthy diet?
Information and ideas:
The topics of carbohydrates and proteins can be rehashed by the students in a similar manner with respect to their importance for human nutrition.
Using the following source: „Kalorien mundgerecht“, 14th edition, 2010, Neuer Umschau Buchverlag GmbH, Neustadt, and Nestle Deutschland AG, Frankfurt am Main