What can air do?
Five simple experiments for illustrating the physical properties of air.
This medium is made available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 international license.
What does this mean?
How to reference this medium
• Air takes up space (pumping up a bicycle tire)
• Air acts as a brake (making and flying a parachute)
• Air carries (making and flying a kite)
• Air propels (making and blowing a pinwheel)
• Air transmits sound (making a “drum skin")
Information and ideas:
Observe the safety information in the related “What can air do? (teacher information)” teaching method, which is available on the media portal of the Siemens Stiftung, as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school and discuss them with your students.