B6 Renewable energies (teacher instructions)
Experimentation instructions for Experimento | 8+:
Background information on the content and practical information on conducting the “Renewable energies” experiment, which comprises four subexperiments.
The experiment comprises four subexperiments:
• Harnessing solar energy as heat (1)
• Harnessing solar energy as heat (2)
• Harnessing the energy of water
• Harnessing the energy of wind
The students are growing up in an era when global environmental problems, especially climate change, are frequently discussed. It is important that the students not only understand the problems, but also recognize possibilities for solving them (for example, renewable sources of energy). The following experiments provide an opportunity for the students to work with renewable energies (sun, water, and wind as energy sources).
• Observe the safety information in the instructions as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school.
• All materials mentioned in the instructions will have to be purchased directly from commercial sources.