Can I measure the weather?
How to carry out weather observations with a self-made weather station.
• Thermometer for measuring the air temperature
• Barometer for measuring the air pressure
• Wind sock for observing wind force and wind direction
• Rain gauge for measuring precipitation
• Observation of cloudiness and visibility.
The students can enter their measurements over a period of a week on a “weather observation sheet."
Information and ideas:
Teaching method for teachers on these experiments is available on the media portal of the Siemens Stiftung. Observe the safety information in this teaching method as well as the applicable safety guidelines for your school and discuss it with your students.