The tropical rainforest (ES)
Content package for interactive whiteboards (for elementary school):
Individual media related to tropical rainforests are compiled here in a meaningful didactic way for teaching using an interactive whiteboard.
The content package is designed for use in elementary school. It consists of the following individual media:
• 2 photo collages: People in rainforests and the mechanical deforestation
• 2 graphics: Image for discussion on rain forests and a simple mind map on tropical rainforests
• 5 interactive graphics: Layer structure of tropical rainforests, one interactive graphic each on the plant life and animal life in tropical rainforests, dangers to tropical rainforests, and an interactive world map to get to know the rainforest regions
• 4 interactive exercises: On the plant and animal life in rainforests, an interactive mind map, a cloze test, and a multiple-choice test
• 1 worksheet with answer sheet for reflection upon one’s own “rainforest-friendly" behavior
• 1 film on the topic of “slash-and-burn in rainforests"
• 4 information sheets: On tropical rainforests in general and one each on the plants, animals, and people in tropical rainforests
• 1 set of experimentation instructions with teacher information on the local water cycle
• 1 link list
Information and ideas:
The media in content package for interactive whiteboards are also available as individual media on the media portal of the Siemens Stiftung.