4. Noble and base metals – 4.3 What are the differences between noble and base metals? (teacher instructions)
Background information on the content and practical information on conducting the “What are the differences between noble and base metals?" experiment.
• Make sure that the students wear safety goggles when they heat metals in a flame.
• They should heat the metals above a metallic or ceramic plate.
• Question for discussion: What metals you would associate with “noble” or “base” metals? Give examples.
• Method “Think-Pair-Share”: The students should think about the meaning of the terms “noble” and “base” and the purposes the noble or base metals are used for.
• One item deals with „Technical application and vocational orientation“.